Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dad's last moments

I just got back from my parents house. My Dad is still holding on, but it will be any time at this point. I was scheduled to go out with my friend Aaron tonight to do a guy hang out. A much needed Guy hangout. But Rob called me about 3:30 and said that the Death Rattle had started. That is basically where the body starts to give in and is preparing itself to be done. So I waited for LeAnn to get home from work and I headed over. His breathing was awful and very difficult to listen to. It almost sounded painful. We were told he was not in pain. My mom continued to give him Morphine just in case.

Brett and I went to go get some food around 7:30. When we got back everyone was a bit frantic. His breathing had changed substantially and he was bleeding from his mouth. Very difficult site. For the rest of the night we were glued to his bed side. We all felt an obligation to be by his side as he passed. This was not to be. Eventually my mother asked us to leave him and allow him to have some peace. Scott left, the gals were headed downstairs so I decided to leave. I know they will call me if things change.

I was supposed to fly out to Phoenix tomorrow but felt I needed to stay with my family. So I had to arrange for a Co-Worker to take my place. Thanks Jody for stepping up.

It is time to go Dad. We will miss you but there is no reason to hold on any longer.
Love you pop.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment