Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I woke up this morning in a little bit better mood. The good wishes from friends and family alike really do work. They are all appreciated and they do not go unnoticed. Not one. So thank you all. As usual we were running a little late. I had told my mother that we would be there about ten or eleven. We rolled up at noon. Dad looked great. Much better then he did in the hospital. He was eating sticky fingers courtesy of Tahna. I was not only jealous but happy to see he was able to do so. In the hospital they were not even sure of that.

Now the hospice gal told us he would have good days and we would wonder if we made the right choice on not operating but I didn't know it would be the first day! He really looked good. He looked tired and could move nothing but his head and arm but he acknowledged the kids and did his usual baby talk to Nat to make her squeal. We left at 2:30 to get me to the airport. I write this from the droid waiting to get on a plane to Ontario. The visit made it a lot easier to leave for a couple of days.

Rob and I originally planned dinner for Thursday but he is flying to SL tomorrow morning. It will be nice to see him.
It was also nice to see Jordan and his family. I was glad to hear they got here with minimal issues.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment