Thursday, March 10, 2011

I am not sure if it has sunk in or not. On my last post I had mentioned that I was on my way to California. I felt inclined to write a little something about my Father while I was on the plane. Just a few words I think I may use at his funeral. I realize there will not be a lot of time because so many people will want to say something. I got some peace in writing it. Not sure why. I know it is still going to be a tough situation when it arrives.

When I got back on Friday it was nice to go to my parents house and see the entire family. I always enjoy my time with Rob. I wish I could see him more. My kids were so excited to see him too. That is all they spoke of on the drive from T-Ville to Sandy.

My Father has a friend he met while working at the DI. He sings Elvis songs, which my father is a huge fan of if you didn't know. A majority of the time we were there my Dad slept and was non-responsive. However when "Elvis" sang my Dad put his air guitar up and mouthed the words. It was a really great experience. Gave us all a little joy at least for the moment.
I still love seeing my kids give Grandpa kisses. Every time we leave Kamryn keeps saying "Grandpa's tummy hurts, and he is sick". It is sad that her and Natalie will never really know there Grandpa John. 68 is too young.

All us siblings met at again last night at my parents house. What a weird meeting. As we all sat in my Mothers room discussing my Dads funeral arrangements, my Dad laying in the other room watching old reruns of All in the family. (I hate that show). It was just a really odd situation. Because at times he seems to be just fine. I have not heard him speak really the last couple times I have been at his house. He is there, but I miss him. It is not really how I want to remember him. I joked a lot at the meeting. Sorry to my siblings. That was probably how I was dealing with the uncomfortable situation.

Tahna called me today to tell me Dad was not responsive for most of the day. Trying to wake him up or give him his meds was not happening. Too many things going on right now this at the top of the list. Life sure can be frustrating. Lucky my father is a good man and taught me that all things happen for a reason. Sure it is tough. And I realize I have taken a lot of frustrations out on my family. LeAnn has been very patient with me. I can only assume I will be a stronger person for it. I guess only time will tell.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment